An exciting training is coming up on October 24th to October 28th inclusive.
It is widely acknowledged that high quality research is the ‘missing link’ in the development puzzle. With a growing number of agencies (including donors) demanding evidence based interventions, there has never been a better time to develop the research capacity of senior staff members who have responsibility for policy development, project planning, monitoring and evaluation, research initiatives and critically important dissemination activities.
Faculty from King’s College London and the Nigerian Psychological Association will deliver a 5 day training course (hosted by Gede Foundation, Abuja, FCT) in October 2016 which will provide –
- Access to internationally renowned Faculty members (including Professor Martin Prince and Dr Rosie Mayston from King’s College London, Professor Andrew Zamani and other leading academics from the Nigerian Psychological Association)
- In depth and personalised training
- Access to online materials and follow up support from Faculty
- A curriculum which will cover topics such as - how to generate research questions; operational research; how to read a research paper; interpreting evidence; proposal writing; research methodologies; quantitative and qualitative study design; longitudinal studies; research ethics; data analysis; dissemination for achieving impact
- A Certificate of Attendance
In order to ensure a high quality and personalised training experience (which will include providing Faculty support for any current research initiative participants are working on), the number of places is limited to 30. Applications will be considered on a first come, first served basis, with a cost per participant of N200 000.
The target audience for the Advanced Training includes Directors of Research, Planning and Statistics at Ministries, Departments and Agencies, Policy Makers and Analysts, Research Officers, Development Consultants and Advisors of NGOs/CSOs, Monitoring and Evaluation Officers, Research Fellows, Postgraduate Students, Scholars of Tertiary Education Institutions.
You can obtain further information about the training through Zunzika on 0903 622 4365 or email email@example.com.